TMC-Week 9
I guess the Colts are for real. Man, that wasn't even close. I even went to sleep early. The Colts are 8-0 and are looking like they may run the table. As crazy as it sounds it may be possible. Then again, I just think it'd be funny to see all those old Dolphins openly rooting for the other team in the Superbowl.
I'm not even going to comment on this Terrell Owens mess. Actually I am and here's why: I'm checking ESPN.com out this morning and their poll question asks something along the lines of "who is most responsible for Terrell Owens suspension?" And the choices are: Donovan McNabb, Drew Rosenhaus, Eagles management, Hugh Douglas, & Terrell Owens. I'm just curious, but did T.O. post that poll himself? Is there any question as to who is most responsible? The only other possible answer (besides the obvious) would be "Owens's 2nd grade teacher." Whatever. I'm moving on...
Week 9 was a monumental week here at tkn2. Why? .500 baby! A 4-2 week with the picks moves us to 27-27 on the year. 'Bout time. Here's a look at each of the games...
Hitt...oops...Girlymans 81, Creamers 75 (prediction-Girlymans 94, Creamers 82) A big Monday Night, come-from-behind victory for Hudnall. Nice games from the Colts D, Donovan McNabb, Steve Smith, Stephen Davis, and Mike Vanderjagt (all in double figures) was enough to overcome the Steelers D, Antonio Gates, and Neil Rackers. Damn those kickers!Game ball goes to-the Colts D. 2 fumble recoveries, 2 sacks, & under 100 rush yds allowed, 15 pts.
Benchpressers 85, Crapshoot 43 (prediction-Crapshoot 115, Benchpressers 107)
Maybe it's time to close the book on Mark Brunell. Back-to-back zeros have put a damper on Fagan's recent surge. Meanwhile, Wes gets points from everyone except Chris Chambers and rolls to another victory. (I would say more about the Pressers, but he has his own blog to tell you all about his team, even though he needs to update it)
Game ball goes to-the Jaguars D. A fumble recovery, 6 sacks, under 100 rushing, & under 200 passing, 23 pts.
Owls 77, Boys 68 (prediction-Owls 85, Boys 76)
What a difference a week makes. Last week, a trade made by T.Q. didn't work out. This week, he gets 23 combined points from newcomers Michael Vick and Brandon Jacobs and cruises to a win over Hoffman.
Game ball goes to-the Seahawks D. A fumble recovery, 3 picks, 4 sacks, & under 100 rushing, 23 pts.

Horned Puffins 95, Kamikaze Maddogs 84 (prediction-Dogs 101, Puffs 92)
The saying is that "sometimes it's better to be lucky than good." In the case of the Horned Puffins, "it's better to have LaDainian Tomlinson than be good." L.T.'s big game against the Jets put the Puffins in position to win and Tom Brady and Reggie Wayne came through on MNF, despite a great effort from the Dogs' Marvin Harrison.
Game ball goes to-LaDainian Tomlinson. The only non-D to be awarded a game ball, L.T. went for 153 total yards and 4 TDs, 34 pts.
Double Down 67, Pietschskins 54 (prediction-DD 90, P'skins 80)
I can only imagine how many walls Daniels has been banging his head against. Between the T.O. saga and his QB play, he's gotta be going crazy. The good news, however, is that he got a big game from his Bears D and TE Erron Kinney to get past Edge & Co.
Game ball goes to-da Bears D. 2 fumble recoveries, 2 picks, 3 sacks, & under 200 passing, 22 pts.
Rampage 106, Carpetbaggers 58 (prediction-Rampage 102, C'baggers 88)
The MV Rams Playoff run has evidently been an inspiration to the Rampage, as Mr. Milt moves to within a half-game of the division-leading Creamers. The Panthers D and Shaun Alexander posted huge games as Terry chases the league record for wins by an expansion team/new owner. (What is that record anyway? Pietsch, can you look that one up for me? Thanks.)
Game ball goes to-the Panthers D. 2 fumble recoveries, 2 picks-one returned for a TD, 5 sacks, & under 100 rush, 30 pts.
Congrats to all the winners and my apologies if I predicted you to lose. A special congrats to the alma mater as they win on the road this week against Normal West.
Be sure to get your claims in by midnight!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home