Week 6 MVRL predictions
What I don't understand about game 1 of the Mets-Cards series is why the Cardinal hitters made zero adjustments at the plate against Glavine. I think that Hal McRae is getting a free pass on this and I don't know why. You have a pitcher that you know is going to keep the ball away from hitters, yet you continue to try to pull the ball? You're continually out in front of his off speed stuff? How does that happen at that level? The guy throws a fastball that tops out in the upper-80s and a changeup. That's it. I'm a high school hitting coach. If we were facing Tom Glavine (without the aid of all the video & advanced scouting) I'd have my guys stand as close to the plate as possible and think gap to gap. Dare him to try to throw that 87 mph heat inside on you. Take away what the pitcher has to do to be successful-in this case the outside corner-that's always been my philosophy. So why didn't the Cardinals do that last night? I don't know either, but if they drop this series I'm not blaming TLR-I'm going after Hal McRae.(Thanks, I feel much better now.)
Burrowing Owls @ Crapshoot
Does anyone realize that the Rams are 4-1? Why is this not a story? I was actually talking to a guy the other day who said he misses Mike Martz because this team wasn't very exciting. That's great logic buddy. You want exciting? Go jump off a 50 story building. Oh, that's not fun? Well guess what? Neither is losing! The moral of the story? People are ignorant.
Owls 94, Crapshoot 80.
Double Down @ Buffet Boys
You know what's always bugged me about our league website? The Guru. This week the Guru has Bruce Gradkowski for 1 point. 1 point? How? Does he sack himself? 1 point for the QB is not possible, which is why the Guru proves my point that people are ignorant.
DD 91, BB 84.
Kamikaze Maddogs @ Rampage
Is anyone else in another fantasy football league? I am and it's a non-keeper league. I find it amazing how much that draft is like the NFL draft. You have to take what your expected to take with the first few picks-even when you know you should go another route. I had the #4 pick and was debating between Peyton Manning and Steven Jackson the other owners couldn't believe I wasn't taking Tiki Barber. "Every magazine has him at #4!" So what. "You can't take Jackson this early!" I ended up taking Manning, but my point is that in both drafts we see the power of the media and how they influence these drafting decisions. I wonder how many NFL teams would like to have Marques Colston? Hmmm.
Dogs 100, Rampage 70.
Carpetbaggers @ Creamers
This is a big game for both of these guys. They both have some tough matchups and I think it'll come down to whose D scores more points. I think the Steelers are due to bust out against the Chiefs, which isn't good for Al. Pietsch, meanwhile, has the Chargers (great trade by the way) against the 49ers. I don't fully trust the 49ers yet, so I'll take the Creamers.
Creamers 74, Baggers 70.
Horned Puffins @ BenchpressersI thought that Wes made a major mistake in trading Jeremy Shockey & a draft pick for Donovan McNabb & Alge Crumpler. I now think that was a very good trade for Wes. You know, it took the Puffins about 6 years to earn any respect from the Pressers. The Pressers eliminated the Puffins in the playoffs last year and I think the Puffs get some regular season revenge this week.
Puffins 89, Pressers 84.
Hitters @ Pietschskins
If you're Troy, is choosing who to start between Drew Bledsoe and Jake Plummer kinda like choosing between the electric chair and lethal injection? Just curious. Actually, I like Troy's chances this week, so he's the pick.
Troy 78, Hud 74.
last week: 0-6
season: 9-21

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home