Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Puffins Notebook: Welcome Champ

The midnight claim deadline Tuesday brought the Denver Broncos defense to the Horned Puffins roster. Packing his bags and heading out of Puffin Cove was WR Kevin Curtis. "We hated to let him go already, we really feel he could crack the lineup at some point this year, but we ain't got time to wait," stated owner Derek Harlan. "Hopefully he'll find a new home and we wish him well."

While the Denver D may not be the best in the world, the need to pick up a second defense was there. "We still like the Falcons D, but they'll have a bye and we don't want to get stuck plugging in the Texans or 49ers that week," said Harlan. "Plus, a defense with someone like Champ Bailey gives you a chance to score 15-20 points a week, so we'll see."

The Puffins also are announcing the search for a solid tight end is on. "nnnnnnnnnDallas Clark needs to show up sometime this year-he is killing us," quipped Harlan. "If he can't get er dun, then we'll find someone who can."

In other news...
...Harlan said is isn't getting this LOST craze. "I've never seen an episode and quite frankly I don't have time to start now-I got a damn marathon to run in a few weeks."...Harlan said he is in agreement with other MVRL owners that the Cheerleader of the Week is one of his favorite features over at the original TKN. "Yea, they are definitely easy on the eyes."...Harlan is considering calling out other owners to try to get some more blogging from other owners. "Like I'm not busy myself. It don't take that long to do, plus it's kind of like Creative Writing with Mr. Blair."...the word coming out of Park Forest is that, inspired by the effort of MVRL baseball player of the year candidate Dontrelle Willis, Harlan was denied in his effort to name his unborn son Dontrelle. "My wife said I must be on some kind of drugs to even say that. I haven't done any illegal drugs in at least five years and I thought it'd be a nice compliment to the D-Train."...Harlan will get into the Busch Stadium farewell in the upcoming weeks. He plans on counting down his own top ten memories of the stadium. "From being at Bob Forsch's no-hitter on September 26, 1983 when in third grade to Scott Quinn and David Justice about coming to blows to being as drunk as Cooter Brown when I was 18 to seeing Big Mac hit #62 with TQ, I've witnessed some good stuff in that stadium, so it'll be fun to remember some of those times."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home