Tuesday, September 19, 2006

TMC-Week 2

Let me begin this week's column by thanking Big Pietsch for baiting me into wasting $5 on his "bet on it" idea. I parlayed my $5 into nothing. Maybe I've found my calling as well-as a magician. No more visiting "Anyblog, USA" on Saturday for me.
The big game this week (NFL) was Giants-Eagles in Philly. What a comeback for the Giants. Watching that game I realized that I really like Troy Aikman in the booth. He really is good with J.Buck. He obviously knows what he's talking about, but doesn't go Joe Morgan on us by telling everyone how great he was when he played. I appreciate that, I do. What I don't appreciate is going 1-5 again this week, but them's the breaks. I hate intros...

(predicted score)

Owls 64 (86), Maddogs 49 (92)
Good call here. The Steelers D couldn't pull a rabbit out of its hat on MNF and Scott suffers his first loss of the season as he falls to his dad by 15. Steven Jackson had another nice effort against the Niners, but the Rams need to get it going with the passing game. I never thought I'd say that. Meanwhile, TQ got nice games from his kicker and defense (Bengals) to pick up his first W of the year.
Game ball goes to-K Nate Kaeding (SD). 4 FGs (1 from 44 yds) & 4 XPs=17 points.

DD 74 (77), Al 62 (88)
If Al plays Amani Toomer I just about nail this one. Instead, we both come up on the wrong end of things. Do I jump off the bandwagon? Probably for a bit because Hud is 2-0 and I'm looking for a seat on his. Daniels has a nice squad though and Frank Gore is looking like the steal of the 2006 draft. That Bears D ain't too bad either.
Game ball-Chi Bears D. 3 DFRs, 6 sacks, 46 rush yards allowed, & 199 pass yards allowed=29 points.

Puffins 102 (63), Fagan 88 (75)
You know things are going well when your kicker throws a TD pass. I rode big games from Eli and LT to the upset over the Carson Palmer-led Crapshoot. Are the readers aware that I like Carson Palmer? He is good at football and I like him a lot. You might even say that I have a bit of a mancrush on him.
Game ball-my boy Eli Manning. 3 TD passes-including the game winner in OT and 371 total yards=22 points. I think I'm asking Santa for a certain jersey (#10) of a certain NY QB this year. And it ain't Chad Pennington.

Hitters 107 (80), Boys 81 (100)
"You see! He ain't a machine...he's a man!" Is this a reference to the immortal Ivan Drago or owner Eric Hoffman? This week it's referring to Hoffman, who saw his hopes of a perfect season fall by the wayside as Hudnall moves to 2-0, setting up a showdown with the Puffins in week 3. The Hitters got big games from Peyton Manning, Jerricho Cotchery, and D-Jack, and a HUGE game from the Jags D. Speaking of which...
Game ball-Jax Jaguars D. Stepping up in prime time, they had two picks, two sacks, 26 rush yards allowed, 127 pass yards allowed, and pitched a shutout against the Super Bowl Champs. Impressive. 32 points.

Big P 106 (83), Lil P 55 (73)
This one wasn't even close. In fact, it was over as soon as Troy selected "active" rather than "reserve" next to Jake Plummer's name. Chad Pennington was sharp in his Creamer debut and Matt Stover and the entire corps of WRs (Driver, Galloway, & Glenn) had big games for Ryan.
Game ball-Sea Seahawks D. Two TOs, 5 sacks, 65 rush yards, & 191 pass yards allowed=25 points.

Rampage 89 (79), Benchpressers 82 (96)
Milli Vanilli couldn't come through Monday and the Pressers fell to 1-1. When does Milt's luck run out? Seriously. Maybe it was the New Orleans ties, what with next week's Monday nighter marking the return of football to the Big Easy, that did it for him---big games from Favre (from the area), current Saint Poop McAllister, & former Saint Donte Stallworth were enough to overcome another monster effort from the Ravens D.
Game ball-QB Brett Favre (GB). 3 pass TDs & 340 total yards=22 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home