Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Josh Rabe

Former QU Hawk Josh Rabe got the call of a lifetime last month. Rabe, who has spent seven years in the Twins minor league system and last three and a half at AAA Rochester, got the call on July 16 and made his major league debut against the Devil Rays the next night as a pinch runner. Rabe collected his first hit, a single, the following night against Edwin Jackson.
I had the chance to see him play in Chicago, a game in which he collected 3 hits (2 off of Mark Buehrle & 1 off Bobby Jenks).
Rabe is happy to be in the bigs, but knows the reality of it is that nothing is guaranteed. He has helped make a case for himself to stay, as he has hit three homers in a limited amount of playing time. Nonetheless, it's awesome that he has climbed the mountain.
"It's cool and all, but it's still baseball," says Rabe. "I think that after the initial thrill of getting the call that it's a bigger deal for my family and friends than it is for me. I don't say that meaning I'm not excited...it's just when it's all said and done it's still about playing the game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home