Week 6 MVRL Predictions
Hello Week 6. If many of you are like me, then this is a tough stretch in the season. You've got the MLB Playoffs going on and with the Cardinals in the thick of things, it's tough to balance your internet reading time between NFL and MLB news. I'm obviously slacking, since I've been complaining for a while now about not having any receivers and then yesterday about 47 trades were made. Hey, you snooze, you lose.
Nothing too awefully attractive that's worth mentioning on the NFL schedule, but in the MVRL we have two teams with 4-1 records colliding in the game of the week. Let's get to it...
Hitters @ Double Down
I think the DD's WR combo of Moss (vs. SD) and Johnson (@Tenn) will be too much for Hud to overcome in this battle of playoff teams. Wait! The Colts D gets the Rams this week...hhmmm...they could get 35+ in primetime. Hold on! The Bears D gets the Vikings...I'll stick with Daniels as Mike Tice coaches his last game for the Vikes. DD 87, Hitters 77.
Crapshoot @ Carpetbaggers
Two 1-4 teams go at it in what may be a game in which to take the under. Look for Fagan to ride big games from his QBs and TE Jason Witten to a victory over Al. Crapshoot 73, Al 59.
Buffet Boys @ BenchpressersThe Benchpressers have risen from their early season slumber and look to keep things rolling against the Buffet Boys. I liked the pickup of Palmer (more on that later), but Ahman Green is no Edgerrin James and Wes will find that out down the stretch. This week, however, Palmer & Collins (sounds like a law firm) should be more than enough for Wes to overcome Peyton Manning's big night against the Rams. Wes 94, Eric 85.
Horned Puffins @ Creamers
The game of the week features two of the league's hottest teams. Each has won three in a row and stand at 4-1 overall. The Creamers lost keeper RB Deuce McAllister last week, but wasted no time in replacing him with LaMont Jordan. Meanwhile, the Puffs are sitting around waiting for a WR to fall from the sky. What's the holdup? These two may meet again later, but this week it's the Creamers coming out on top as Tomlinson and Eli Manning begin coming back to reality. Creamers 86, Puffins 79.
Kamikaze Maddogs @ Rampage
Milt upgrading his RB situation this week, acquiring Rudi Johnson from the Carpetbaggers, and catches the Dogs on Larry Fitzgerald's bye week. Unfortunately, it won't matter as Scott rolls to his third win in a row. Dogs 101, Rampage 94.
Burrowing Owls @ Pietschskins
Dear Troy,
How could you do this to me? How? Do you not read my blog? I cannot believe you traded Carson Palmer without letting me know he was available. I would have given you anything. Anything. I've never been so hurt...and of all people...Wes! I'm hurt and I don't know what else to say.
Sincerely,
Derek
Oh yea, TQ 90, Troy 60.
Best of luck to everyone and GO CARDS!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home