The D-Train Named MVRL Player of the Year
A day after winning the MVRL Baseball Championship, Knights' starter Dontrelle Willis was named MVRL Player of the Year. "It's a great honor and I'm stoked, but man, this ain't about me," Willis said. "My mama raised me right and I give credit where credit is due. We had a lot of great players on this team and they were the reason we won this thing and the reason I had a lot of the success I did."Willis' personality has been a hit with not just his teammates, but with management as well. "He's just such a charasmatic guy," stated Derek Harlan. "The guys not only respect him as a person, they love playing behind him. Hell, look at that picture-he looks like a Little Leaguer with the uni all dirty from sliding. He just plays the game the right way. I hope he's a Knight for years to come."
Willis was chosen over teammates Morgan Ensberg, Cliff Floyd, Jose Reyes, and Billy Wagner. "All of those guys had big years and were important, but without Dontrelle I don't think we're league champs," said Harlan.
As for next year, Willis hopes to remain with his current team. "Yea, man, I love being a Knight. I hope he keeps me."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home